Re: Small Completion Problem

Hi,

* Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-03-25 10:25]:
>Thorsten Haude wrote:
>> >No, it should work (does for me though I name the alias 'nedit'). What
>> >version of zsh are you running? Do you have the complete_aliases option
>> >unset? What does it complete after n -<tab> It should give you nc options
>> >but if you get options for netcat, then there is something wrong.
>>
>> $ZSH_VERSION is 4.0.4
>>
>> 'n -\t' definitely looks like Netcat.
>
>The netcat completion is not distributed with zsh 4.0.4 (or any 4.0.x)
>precisely because of the nedit name clash.

Well, Debian removed the name clash by renaming NEdit's nc to
nedit-nc, so someone installed Netcat completion.

>> I now looked around a bit (never expected that NEdit is supported
>> (should have remembered that you are using it)) and found
>> .../Completion/X/_nedit, which is Greek to me. What could I do to get
>> the completion I want, if I don't care what happens to Netcat?
>
>Find the netcat completion and remove it. $^fpath/$_comps[nc](N) should
>find it for you.

Found it! I removed the 'nc', that was enough to make NEdit's nc
completion work.

Thank you!

Thorsten
--
The fact that windows is one of the most popular ways to operate a computer
means that evolution has made a general fuckup and our race is doomed.