Re: incremental history search

Hello

history-beginning-search-backward and history-beginning-search-forward
were designed to repeatedly match whatever was to the left of the cursor
with one's history. The cursor shouldn't move or else a repeated match
would not be looking for the original prefix.

For example, suppose you have this in your history:

	lspci
	uname -a
	lsmod
	date
	ls

If you type 'l<\M-p>' where \M-p is bound to
history-beginning-search-backward then you will get successively
ls, then lsmod and then lspci. Very useful if you want to choose from
any of your history that starts with an 'l'. By the way, the search
prefix is not just the first word - its everything to the left of the
cursor. So one can choose very long commands from a bunch of similar
invocations.

With zsh widgets then you can always combine this search and
end-of-line.

		Anthony.