Re: completing file names

On Jan 21, 2005, at 6:13 AM, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

I've noticed that now
when I say 'scp host:/path/files/* .' zsh complains that there were no
matches found. To work around this I had to put quotes around the
host:/path/files/*.

Thanks to Bart for this one.  From my .zshrc file:

### SSH filename globbing:
if [[ $ZSH_VERSION > 4.2 ]]; then
   autoload -U url-quote-magic
   zle -N self-insert url-quote-magic
zstyle -e :urlglobber url-other-schema '[[ $words[1] == scp ]] && reply=("*") || reply=(http https ftp)'
fi
###

With the above magic, the * is automatically escaped as I type it. I hope this is what you were looking for.

-Ryan