Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: can't complete .. paths with 4.2.3
- X-seq: zsh-users 8443
- From: Shawn Halpenny <paxunix@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: can't complete .. paths with 4.2.3
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:32:26 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=PMYYoqsfAvVY36m88N9kNLMBSIotvazl3IRoXWnqVewYes8r0nVpyipCKYkkKaRyqWMf3JoOTzM/T3nVjbjeYyDmxNgHKnq7sENrWbvjDPVVDEgy41cB6ffgzTcdriCcakeHxHsTLbJD0Umv+6w0c5eF9JrJM+C6LUEpeLiPhAU=
- In-reply-to: <1050129183904.ZM13058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <44613de005012718295387a145@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1050128030646.ZM11582@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <44613de00501280825265c7f4a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1050129183904.ZM13058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: Shawn Halpenny <paxunix@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:39:04 +0000, Bart Schaefer
> On Jan 28, 11:25am, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
> } Subject: Re: can't complete .. paths with 4.2.3
> } I tried completing 'echo ../' with trace enabled and noticed that tmp1
> } after the call to compfiles (line 345 of _path_files) was empty,
> } whereas on Cygwin, it had the list of files in the parent dir.
> Do you have any zstyles set at all? Put another way, have you tried
> reproducing this with 'zsh -f' (running autoload and compinit by hand)?
> The only obvious reason that compfiles would behave that way at that
> particular spot is if the "fake-files" style were set to something.
I have zstyles, but it makes no difference if they are executed or
not. However, I noticed that running 'zsh -f' and running compinit by
hand made things work again, so the problem must have been in my rc
As it turns out, in my .zshenv I have 'setopt nocaseglob'. If I
remove that (or 'setopt caseglob' at a prompt), I can complete paths
with .. again. This behavior must have changed since 4.2.1, since
I've had that option setting for ages.
Messages sorted by: