Re: zstyle & variables

Wataru Kagawa wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have the following completion set in my zsh environment setup file.
>
>    zstyle ':completion:*' users $USERS
>
> I also have a custom function to alter the contents of $USERS .
> After running this function to change the contents of $USERS, I need
> to execute the line above in the command line to make the change take
> effect.  I would like my custom function to do this for me, but I am
> having trouble figuring it out.  I tried adding, 'zstyle
> ':completion:*' users $USERS' to the bottom of my custom function,
> but that did not work for me.

The easiest way to do this (I'm assuming USERS is an array) is to define
the style initially as:

zstyle -e ':completion:*' users 'reply=($USERS)'

This means that $USERS is examined every time the style is checked.  So
when you modify the array it takes effect immediately.

To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser:  http://www.csr.com/email_sig.html