Re: zstyle & variables

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much.

Wataru Kagawa

On 2006/01/17, at 22:57, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Wataru Kagawa wrote:
Hi all.
I have the following completion set in my zsh environment setup file.

   zstyle ':completion:*' users $USERS

I also have a custom function to alter the contents of $USERS .
After running this function to change the contents of $USERS, I need
to execute the line above in the command line to make the change take
effect.  I would like my custom function to do this for me, but I am
having trouble figuring it out.  I tried adding, 'zstyle
':completion:*' users $USERS' to the bottom of my custom function,
but that did not work for me.

The easiest way to do this (I'm assuming USERS is an array) is to define
the style initially as:

zstyle -e ':completion:*' users 'reply=($USERS)'

This means that $USERS is examined every time the style is checked. So
when you modify the array it takes effect immediately.

Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.html