Re: code completition / cannot delete characters

Hi Bart, thank you very mauchfor your response !

What happens if you type: ESC x redisplay
(that is, the escape key, then x, then the word redisplay) and then hit
the return key?  Does that clean it up?

I do not know that command sequence so I tried several times :)

[hanno: /home/hanno]>splay
zsh: command not found: splay
[hanno: /home/hanno]>r-screen
zsh: command not found: r-screen
[hanno: /home/hanno]>/usr/ssplay
zsh: command not found: splay
[hanno: /home/hanno]>

That is what comes out when I try to type in the command !
The first letters until "splay" are not shown on the display, the rest ist shown....
What am I doing wrong ?

} I think this is a problem  with the utf8 character set.

What is the value of your $ZSH_VERSION variable? UTF-8 shouldn't cause
a problem, but wide characters were not properly handled until quite
recently.

[hanno: /home/hanno]>echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.2

I should also mention that the german letters "ä" "ü" and "ö" are also not supported.
Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate that !

Best regards

--
Michael