Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
RE: Slow compdump on Vista - no .zcompdump created
- X-seq: zsh-users 12116
- From: "Seth Kurtzberg" <seth@xxxxxxx>
- To: "'Zsh Users'" <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: Slow compdump on Vista - no .zcompdump created
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:22:51 -0400
- In-reply-to: <20071025181143.19ef81b6@news01>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D22719534@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <016801c8164c$301c5d70$90551850$@com> <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D2271979B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <018501c81658$6beebbc0$43cc3340$@com> <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D2271A057@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200710251044.l9PAi9Ag016224@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D22835ED2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D228364FA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20071025181143.19ef81b6@news01>
- Thread-index: AcgXLhp30Ea92TffSseOZSSEmyluzgAAo38A
From: Peter Stephenson [mailto:pws@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:12 PM
To: Zsh Users
Subject: Re: Slow compdump on Vista - no .zcompdump created
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:16:17 +0100
"John Cooper" <John.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Presumably other people using Cygwin will also experience this minor
> problem (.zcompdump not being created).
> Another workaround that avoids modifying the compdump function is to
> "chmod +w ~".
> Still, perhaps the check in compdump should be removed (or changed to
> test the directory exists?) when running on Cygwin so that this works
> out of the box.
Generally I don't like the idea of trying to work round gross system errors
like something appearing not writeable when it is, but if there's an
equivalent test that works everywhere we can use that instead.
I agree. Presumably this problem will be fixed at some point at the o/s
level, and, even if that doesn't happen, the library level is the logical
place to compensate.
Specializing in Security, Reliability, and the Hardware/Software Interface
Messages sorted by: