Re: Phil's prompt is not working when LANG is set to UTF-8

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:07:09 +0100
antho.charles@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I didn't have this problem on Debian etch, but it appears when I
> upgraded to lenny. It's the same problem: if I set LANG to a non utf8
> encoding (fr_FR instead of fr_FR.UTF-8), RPROMPT is good, otherwise
> it's partially on another line and the cusor is after RPROMPT.
> (cf. http://tinyurl.com/3xjeqt)

Sounds like it ought to be fairly reproducible, but it's not happening on
Fedora 8 (and it still sounds suspiciously like the shell is getting duff
information about the environment, though that's certainly not the only
possibility).  I've tried adding multibyte characters to the command line
and complicating the RPROMPT and even adding multibyte characters to that,
but it still works OK.

Are there any particular things on the command line, forms of RPROMPT etc.
etc. that show this up?  (We really need something that narrows this down.)