Re: Does zsh have anything like readline's edit-and-execute-command ?

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:28:02PM +0100, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 10:32:04AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> [...]
> > Ah.  Silly me for using "man zshzle".  :P  I'll go back to using
> > "man zshall" all the time, I think.
> [...]
>
> You may want to consider "info" instead. "info" has got a
> searchable index and table of content like a book.

info is nigh-unusable for someone not comfortable with emacs; I've
been a vi user for many years, and find info horrifyingly hard to
use.  pinfo isn't so bad, but still very uncomfortable for a vi
user.

> IMO, man is not suited for a manual this size.

My pager is "less".  I'm pretty comfortable with that.  I do
understand your point, though; beyond a certain size, hierarchy is
important, I agree.  I didn't realize an info for zsh was installed.

It wouldn't have helped at all in this case, though, as I had no
idea where in the hierarchy to look.  I'm trying to get
edit-command-line to work now, and I *still* don't know where to
look.

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo