Re: how to get my umlauts back?

Bart et al,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 02:04:16PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
# On Jun 15, 10:04pm, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
# }
# } $ echo $LANG
#
# It looks like you may need to force LANG to be in the environment
# before zsh starts; changing it later, even in .zshenv, is too late.
# And it needs to be set to somthing other than the "C" locale.
#
# I've started a branch of this thread on the zsh-workers list.

Just in case: you've probably seen Thomasz Pala's solution, setting
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.ISO8859-15. This worked for me, but if there's a more
"intuitive" solution, I'm all for it. After all this is a quiet
change--what worked before has stopped working and needs to be
re-enabled by some non-obvious magic spell :-)

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/