Re: How to make ESC to cancel current completion

On Monday 22 of February 2010 02:32:48 Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 21,  5:59pm, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
> }
> } % ls c/<ESC>      # I hit ESC to go back to where I was before
> hitting tab } in the first place
> } % ls              # typing ESC undo-ed the last 'c/' completion
> }
> } is there an option to make zsh behave like this ?
>
> Are you using vi style bindings (bindkey -v) or emacs style
> (default)?
>
> In emacs style, it should work to do
>
>     bindkey '\e' send-break

Hmm ... for me ^G kills the whole input line instead of terminating
completion and leaving me on 'ls '; may be it depends on options ...

OK, ^G would kill active menu-selection; but not standard menu
completion. I do not know if there is simple way to do the latter.