Re: How to make ESC to cancel current completion

On Feb 22,  9:50am, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
}
} > In emacs style, it should work to do
} >
} >     bindkey '\e' send-break
}
} Hmm ... for me ^G kills the whole input line instead of terminating
} completion and leaving me on 'ls '; may be it depends on options ...

It's somewhat unpredictable.  It seems to terminate completion if the
prefix is ambiguous but kill the whole line otherwise, but I can't pin
down exactly when it's doing what.

} OK, ^G would kill active menu-selection; but not standard menu
} completion. I do not know if there is simple way to do the latter.

I think maybe the closest you can get is to use "undo", which seems
to successfully back up only to the point at which you hit tab.

So, Sebastien, I'd change my advice:

	bindkey '\e' undo