Re: vcs_info on a hg repository with a git subrepository; actionformats works ok, formats does not

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Seth House <seth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is, indeed, intentional:

Whoops; copied the URL from the wrong tab:

http://selenic.com/hg/file/cad35f06c031/mercurial/subrepo.py

> FWIW, my personal preference is the first option as I feel the 40-char
> hash is rarely desired or useful in a shell prompt.

Also, anecdotally, this is inline with regular Mercurial use as most
hg commands output a short hash by default. The full hash tends to be
opt-in rather than opt-out -- the opposite of git's --short /
--abbrev.