Re: Local/global history with pattern isearch

On Mar 7,  7:49pm, Jan Larres wrote:
} Subject: Re: Local/global history with pattern isearch
}
} This got me wondering why it wasn't working even though the search
} widget got left alone, and so I went trying to figure out which widget
} *was* the issue. And, possibly to no-one's surprise, that widget turned
} out to be set-local-history.

Aha!  Good catch.

zsh-syntax-highlight is a bit too aggressive about remapping nearly all
the widgets that appear in the output of $(builtin zle -la).  It does
filter out run-help|which-command|beep but there are a number of others
that do not alter the buffer or the cursor position, which also ought
to be excluded:  the suffix widgets (auto-*), the argument widgets
(*-argument|argument-base), reset-prompt, split-undo, and probably
describe-key-briefly and what-cursor-position, plus set-local-history.

If anyone reading this is a zsh-syntax-highlighting developer, you might
consider tweaking the filter at line 137 of zsh-syntax-highlighting.zsh.

I'd also argue that the "hook widgets" (matching the pattern zle-*) need
special treatment.  I'm actually suprised that z-s-h doesn't already use
a zle-line-init widget.