Re: Case-insensitive completion with partial substring matching

This is rapidly approaching a zsh-workers discussion rather than -users.

On Jun 7, 10:39pm, nicolas.canceill wrote:
} Subject: Re: Case-insensitive completion with partial substring matching
}
} In order to look into the code, I want to log a bunch of stuff (my
} favorite way). The debug flags I see mentioned in the INSTALL file do
} not seem relevant. Do you know what the best way to log stuff from
} within the functions would be?

I'm not sure what you're asking about there.  Logging stuff from within
the C functions isn't really automated in any way.  Logging stuff from
the shell functions that make up completion can be done, but it's not
of much use in this case (I already examined that).

You want to configure --with-zsh-debug --disable-dynamic for pursposes
of using e.g. gdb, but the built-in debugging messages mostly take the
form of assertions that only produce output if an anticipated condition
turns out to be false, but that doesn't really apply.

So you're pretty much on your own, I guess.