Re: problem with completion system

OK, thanks much.  I did put anissue on there about something else and
have not heard back.  I found those variables in the init.zsh, so maybe
that will help.  I am also slowly making my way through the manual, so
maybe I will know something soon.  Zsh has advantages, but it has quite
a learning curve.  But then lots of things are like that.

Andrew Janke <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The main resource for Prezto support (as with Oh My Zsh) is its GitHub
> project and associated issue tracker
> (https://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto). Searching its issues
> (including the closed ones) or posting an issue of your own if you
> can't figure it out could get you help. They'll be more familiar with
> it than the main zsh mailing lists will.
>
> Prezto's completion-related stuff is set up in
> prezto/modules/completion/init.zsh. Browse through that to see what
> it's doing. It is commented. You probably care about the
> ALWAYS_TO_END, MENU_COMPLETE, and COMPLETE_IN_WORD
> options. https://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto/blob/6a812ed36bad9032df3645277793f5827dd64088/modules/completion/init.zsh#L25
>
> Prezto, OMZ, and Antigen can be good on-ramps to zsh, but like Bart
> says, they set and implement so many things that they diverge from
> default zsh, and you need to use them and their source code as your
> main reference and learning tool.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
>

> On 7/18/15 1:54 PM, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I don't know of any mailing list for that -- maybe I will have to forget
> > about them and do my own -- I thought it would save me some time, but
> > maybe not.
> >
> > Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> On Jul 18,  8:05am, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> }
> >> } hmmm, I am using zprezto
> >>
> >> In that case if there's a mailing list or other forum for prezto, I
> >> suggest you ask your question there.  Plugin systems like oh-my-zsh
> >> and prezto can be very nice, but they reconfigure so many things that
> >> it's really not practical for us to try to debug them.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx