Re: git-secret - zsh-plugin to store your private data inside a git repository

Am 13.03.2016 um 20:39 schrieb Никита Соболев:
> I had a hard time figuring out how to send a reply to the mailing
> list. So, I hope I will post it to the same thread.
>
> René, thanks for your interest. It is not quite the same as the tools
> you have listed. It's more like blackbox
> (https://github.com/StackExchange/blackbox). You can even find it in
> the 'Alternatives' section.
>
> There several advantages in usability, while following the same
> encryption algorithm.
>
> In other words, git-secret does not store passwords or anything, but
> it helps to organize and control any sensitive data inside a git-repo
> to be accessible by the whole dev-team.

Could you still elaborate on the differences? Because pass, for
instance, while being primarily aimed at storing passwords, in the end
"all it does" is encrypting text-files via GPG and storing them in git.
Whether you put actual passwords in it or private keys to ssl
certificates or what ever is entirely up to the user.

So, as I'm already using pass, what extra advantages does your tool
offer? (That's an honest question...)

Also: In what form is this related to zsh?

- René