Re: End boldface also ends background color

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:26:33AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Mar 24,  7:53am, Danek Duvall wrote:
> }
> } Worth at least pinging Thomas Dickey to add the capability to xterm
>
> This would have to be a new termcap/terminfo library entry (or whatever
> stands in for them, maybe it's ncurses); it's not something missing from
> xterm.

You said that the expected escape sequence, which worked on gnome-terminal,
didn't work on xterm.  So it's both, AFAICT, which was what I was trying to
say.

> } Once you build zsh against the new version of
> } both, it would work, and you'd get historical behavior until then.
>
> We'd still have to reprogram zle_refresh.c to know about and do the
> run-time test for the new capability, which would take years to make it
> into everyone's terminfo databases, etc.

Sure.  It may not be useful for the current problem, and something you'll
still want to work around, but unless there's a particularly good reason
why exit_bold_mode doesn't exist, I don't see why adding it wouldn't be
generally useful down the line.

I can ping Thomas about it, if he isn't already listening (I forget whether
he lurks here or not).

Danek