Re: Are completions in some way heavy?

On Jun 10,  5:35pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote on Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 11:40:09 -0700:
} > I see.  I don't really have any good suggestions here -- there is the
} > _complete_fallback idea but all it does is provide alternate guesses
} > for the possible argument positions, which doesn't help in this case.
} >
}
} I use the _match completer, so "grep --*bin<TAB>" completes to
} "--binary-files=".  It doesn't match against descriptions though.

Unfortunately that doesn't help either, because the problem is that the
completion function didn't provide --binary-files as a possible match
in the first place.

The question is whether we can provide any useful help when a completion
can't find a match, sort of like the way Google suggests an alternate
query when your search turns up no pages.