Re: Can zsh `else` reserved keyword command be aliased and the lexem itself be repurposed as `fi` keyword command?

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As for me, the very idea that a reserved word could be aliased seems
> monstrous.

If  you realize that aliasing is mostly analogous to #define in
C-and-friends, this becomes less horrifying.  It's little more than a
built-in preprocessor.

> But I am curious, what does it
> mean to say that an interpreted program is incomplete?

In this case it means any unfinished complex code structure -- "if"
without "fi", "do" without "done", "case" without "esac", "foreach"
without "end".  Mathieu wants execution to begin as soon as there is
some code in the buffer, without waiting for the final keyword to
appear.