Re: array with newlines preserved as literal text

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 11:29 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cool.  Only thing is that when you pop it out of history it contains the
> '_fn2hist' as well as the subsequent command.

That doesn't happen to me.  Do you have something else also modifying
the history?  Can you show an example?

> Can the function and its tail be saved to
> a variable instead of to history?

Yes, replace
  print -rS ....
with
  print -rv REPLY ...
or whatever other variable you want (it will be a string, not an array).

The phrase "its tail" still leaves me slightly doubtful.