Re: Better Help Docs Searching?

On 2021-08-01 11:52 a.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 9:33 AM Stephane Chazelas <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's really astonishing that so few people know about it after
so many decades it's been around.
Little tidbits like you guys have just coughed up would have saved God knows how much frustration here.  There's always a solution, but finding it might not be so easy.
GNU made a push some years ago to try to move everything from "man" to
"info", but it never really took hold.
Strange, isn't it?  Something in the culture sticks to the trusted tradition even when a clear improvement is available.  Seems to be a Linux/Unix wide thing.  I still remember my first successful install of Linux.  Bash without even command recall and no DELETE key, and one was expected to either already know emacs or to use the nano editor.  DOS seemed advanced by comparison.  Even zsh, one might think there's be some default to user friendly setup out of the box but that's not the way.  Anyway not to whine -- thanks for the 'info' tips.