Re: Better Help Docs Searching?

Thanks for all of the info (pun intended!), guys.

I've never intentionally used the "info" command, only used it
accidentally when I didn't import my zsh logging library (which
defines debug/info/warn/err/die etc for use in my various scripts).

## Using Info
When I invoke "info zsh" on my system (macOS 12) I do get some output.
However when I hit shift-i, the status line at the bottom states "No
indices found."

Invoking manually doesn't work either, so I think there's something
broken about the default install of Zsh on macOS (though I *also* have
it installed via homebrew).

    $ info --index-search=read zsh
    no index entries found for `read'

The "g" command works to jump between commands (e.g. "g read" takes me
to the equivalent of read(2) man pages).

I get "No indices found" for "info read" as well.  :(

## Building Info from Source
It seems that I'm doing this incorrectly.  I inspected the Makefile
and there is *definitely* an "info" target, but Make doesn't seem to
like it.  I tried both with the OS-provided GNU Make (3.81), and also
with Homebrew installed GNU Make (4.3).

   $ make info
    make: *** No rule to make target `info'.  Stop.

There is definitely an "info" target.

    $ grep -E '\binfo\b' Makefile.in | head -1
    dvi ps html info pdf:

Even trying to make it manually doesn't work

    $ make -C Doc -f Makefile.in info
    Makefile.in:30: *** missing separator.  Stop.

## Other Info Curiosities
One thing that I really like / prefer about man pages is the $MANPAGER
variable, which I have configured to use bat(3) [1] as my pager, which
gives syntax highlighting, highlights command names, and flag names.
Is there an equivalent for "info" pages?

Here's a few examples:
* sh: https://i.imgur.com/rGjQo9v.png
* bash: https://i.imgur.com/ymnDh5V.png
* git: https://i.imgur.com/ABqbZmE.png

[1]: export MANPAGER="sh -c 'col -bx | bat -l man -p'"
    (See https://github.com/sharkdp/bat#man.  The entire "bat" project
is truly amazing.)

Zach Riggle