Re: prevent some lines directly coming from the history from being executed

On 2022-05-28 10:06:39 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote on Sat, May 28, 2022 at 02:07:20 +0200:
> > This is in Section "ZLE WIDGETS". But since this is specific to
> > the standard widgets, shouldn't this be also at the beginning of
> > Section "STANDARD WIDGETS"?
>
> The next paragraph recommends that user-defined widgets not be named
> with leading dots.  That wouldn't belong under "Standard widgets".

Concerning this point, I meant just the end of the paragraph, which
would be *also* in Section "STANDARD WIDGETS". This is because one
does not read the manual in a linear way, and if one is interested
in standard widgets, one may look at this section only.

Or perhaps just the sentence

  Each built-in widget has two names: its normal canonical name, and
  the same name preceded by a `.'.

with a reference to Section "ZLE WIDGETS" for more information.

BTW, are "built-in widget" and "standard widget" synonymous?
The terminology should be clarified and possibly homogenized.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>