Re: key binding not working [SOLVED]

On Mon, 2022-09-26 at 20:13 +0200, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
> Your changing the subject broke threading. I think it's not a good idea
> to do that.

Actually, a poll of three local clients --- one desktop, one browser-based,
one Android --- suggests it didn't universally break it, since they all
handled it, so there is a bit of wiggle room here.  I would say it's an area
where there isn't a definite right or wrong --- there are just too many
different client behaviours to worry about to be too dogmatic.  Having
said that, I tend to keep subject lines unaltered until the subject
has actually changed --- and by the same token, you don't know even
that's going to make your client use a new thread if it's going by
message IDs.

In summary, bleugh.

pws

P.S. Evolution, Vivaldi's internal client, and K9 Mail, in case you're
wondering.