Re: one time in 20 error

On 2022-11-30 16:03, Bart Schaefer wrote:
but there's nothing else to distinguish
that from something that was typed on the keyboard, it's all on the
same stream.

I understand.  I know it's complicated.  Still one should be able to choose to dump whatever buffer might have some pending stream. But as I said, the 'timeout' seems to do exactly that.  It's quite functional, the rest is curiosity at this point ... like why I never see 'RELEASE'.  It has to happen, so I'll figure out why I can't see it.

This has ceased to be a zsh question and become a curses question.

I don't know how much of zcurses is different from whatever it descends from, but it seems to be within scope as a question.  Nevermind tho, if anyone's interested that's fine, if not, I'm functional.