Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-21 12:19, Bart Schaefer wrote:

It's actually the other way around; it's special (because it cannot be
un-tied) but not unique.
It's the only one that displays as 'export -T'.  Here, anyway.
These scalar variables are tied, exported,
and special:

PATH
MANPATH

Here: MANPATH is: 'typeset -T' like several others.  But it's good to know that indeed there are special values that will be treated differently.  So I was right about PATH but for the wrong reason ... which is simply being wrong.

The
reason for this tied behavior is so that the scalar parts CAN be
exported, because the environment cannot contain arrays.

Ah!  That answers my question as to what all this tie-dying is about.  I had no idea you can't export arrays.  Marvelous.  You know, when you understand why something is, then what it is becomes much easier.  The clouds part.