Re: path PATH

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023, at 4:03 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
> On 2023-01-21 12:19, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>>
>> It's actually the other way around; it's special (because it cannot be
>> un-tied) but not unique.
> It's the only one that displays as 'export -T'.  Here, anyway.

Why do you keep harping on this, despite everything we've said?
Again, the fact that your shell only has one variable that "typeset
-p" displays this way is incidental; you could create more any time
you want.

Imagine if I were trying to open some files in a text editor, but
they all looked like gibberish except one, and then I confidently
concluded that the editor must be treating that one file specially
instead of considering that maybe I had only one text file.

>> These scalar variables are tied, exported,
>> and special:
>>
>> PATH
>> MANPATH
>
> Here: MANPATH is: 'typeset -T' like several others.

If you were to set it in a typical way...

    export MANPATH=/one/path:/another/path:/a/third/path

...then it would display as PATH does.

--
vq