Re: (j.|.)

I guess nobody's interested in these things but here's another interesting one:

    3 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ typeset -LZ zz='  Howdy  '; echo $zz; dp zz
      How
    scalar-left-right_zeros zz='  Howdy  '

Doc only says that '-LZ' will be specially handled but doesn't say how right there.

'left-right_zeros' ??  BTW we seem to use 'zeroes' sometimes in the docs which is strictly speaking correct for 'zeroes in on the target' but deprecated as the plural.  Just to split hairs.

 Ah!  It's not documented that I can see, but maybe the above is accurately descriptive:

    3 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ typeset -LZ zz='000Howdy000'; echo $zz; dp zz
    Howdy
    scalar-left-right_zeros zz=000Howdy000

... so thereyago, it stripped zeros left and right :-)

Doc says leading zeros will be removed but silent about trailing zeros.