Re: permission denied

On 2023-04-21 07:12, Peter Stephenson wrote:

Yes, you can do ${(Q)${(z)1}} which does the splitting, then removes the
quotes (without any more splitting).  The nested expansions are needed
because otherwise the (Q) happens before the (z) (search the zshexpn
manual page for "brain damage" for the ordering rules).

No chance!  I'll preserve what neurons I still have and just take your word for it.  I can't believe that mortals wrote those ordering rules, it's inhuman.  Musta been Gods From Outer Space.

Seriously tho, it's good to remember that by nesting things, one can enforce an order of processing.  Thanks Peter.