Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
:> I've sent a number of messages asking about potential changes, to which
:> there have been no replies or at least no decision (e.g., 10346,
:> users/2973
:Looks like we need some noalwayslastprompt guinea pigs for that one.

We differ from other shells in that we have a clear workspace
under the prompt line.  Apply the patch and try the following
with and without alwayslastprompt.

% clear; ls; echo "\e[0H"; ls

This depends slightly on the file listing but you should get an
idea.  My preference is for the current arrangement and I have
noalwayslastprompt - adding the patch may spawn another setopt
value: gimmeaclearworkspace :-)

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/