Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

On Apr 12,  6:30am, Geoff Wing wrote:
} Subject: Re: 3.1.6-dev-22
}
} We differ from other shells in that we have a clear workspace
} under the prompt line.  Apply [users/2973] and [...]
}
} My preference is for the current arrangement and I have
} noalwayslastprompt - adding the patch may spawn another setopt
} value: gimmeaclearworkspace :-)

I'll play with this a bit when I'm wider awake, but:

Can't you get the same effect with 2973 applied by having %E as the last
thing in $PS1 ?

And what's the point of having the %E escape if zsh is always going to
clear the screen unconditionally?  Just for "print -P"?