Re: FW: [Cooker] Default /etc/zshrc and russian loale problem

On Feb 27,  8:58pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: FW: [Cooker] Default /etc/zshrc and russian loale problem
}
} > > > By default that happens in /etc/default.d/lang.sh that is NOT
} > > > sourced by zsh (it does not execute /etc/profile.d/*.sh by default).
}
} Bart, this was done based of your comments in 9596  :-) [...]
} Do you have any objection?

No, I have no objection.  It was never my intent to suggest that necessary
settings be removed from the global startup, only that global startup
should be both minimized and carefully designed to conflict as little as
possible with the user's own files.

As to the specific question of whether /etc/profile.d/*.sh should be read
from /etc/zprofile or /etc/zshrc, the problem there likely is that xterm
and similar emulators typically start interactive shells that are not
login shells, so if you're logging in via the XDM console you *still*
won't get the locale settings if they're read only from /etc/zprofile.

I don't know how that works out when the shell is not zsh ... does, e.g.,
bash source /etc/profile even when not a login shell?