Re: Menu-selection screen refresh slowness

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Er, sorry, I want them to work exactly like begining-of-history and
> end-of-history; problem is that begining-of-history and end-of-history
> don't do anything.  When I type those keys, nothing happens except that
> the listing redraws itself -- I don't leave menu-selection, but the
> selected item doesn't change.  Wait, that's not quite true -- when I
> have two columns, ESC-< moves to the left column and ESC-> moves to
> the right column, but it never moves up and down.  Maybe this is
> related to the other bug.

Or maybe it's related to the fact that what is usually bound to M-<
and M->, namely {beginning,end}-of-buffer-or-history does exactly that
inside menu selection (move to the left-/right-most column).

{beginning,end}-of-history should have the meaning you want even
inside menu selection but are not usually bound.

;-)

Bye
  Sven

--