Re: Strange problem with ulimit

Hi Bart ;),

> Actually it appears that my mail client had a killfile-type filter on
> the iso-8859-15 character set, which I must have installed _years_ ago
> (as in, pre-1996) and forgotten about.

That seems to explain it, then ;)

> There are lots of builtins that are supplied by modules,but zsh/rlimits
> appears to be the only module documented as if it's always builtin.  So,
> "limit" and "unlimit"  are also affected.

It seems logical anyway that is not executed automatically, as sh-like shells
don't bring inside a ulimit built-in.

> ksh, and (approximately) csh.  It happens to treat "emulate bash" as
> "emulate sh" but that doesn't get you all that far.

Yeah, i know it only emulates Bourne shell ;), i'd should clarified that.
Indeed i wanted to say "running zsh in sh emulation mode where most of
my old bash scripts work" ;)))

Thanks for your help,

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra