Re: PATCH: displaying wide characters

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> This seems to work fine so far, and the prompt truncation also seems
> to be fixed.

Phew.  I think I may have messed up --disable-multibyte, I'll check that...

> I just noticed the following while testing when i missed
> the space bar,
>   [error messages are output using the old nicechar method]
>
> Maybe the error message could show multibyte printable characters too?

Yes, we're approaching the time when we should start to update stuff
in the main shell (and the ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT definition is no longer
appropriate, as Oliver predicted; it probably needs to be MULTIBYTE_SUPPORT
now).  I'm not expecting every little bit (such as pattern matching)
to support multibyte characters before the first 4.3 release, but
things like error messages should now be relatively straightforward with
the code that's been added to utils.c

pws