Re: [SOLVED] Libtool/zsh quoting problem: a zsh... bug?

Wayne Davison wrote:
> One kluge idea for bourne-shell emulation mode:  automatically add an
> invisible global alias for ${1+"@"} (i.e. don't list it if the user asks
> for a list of aliases).  We'd also want to make sure that we allow the
> user to turn it into a visible global alias if they manually add one.
> This would just serve to improve our bourne-shell emulation without
> trying to fix the underlying problem.

I'm sure it would have to be invisible...  an extra global alias no one
is expecting is neither here nor there, as far as I can see, but a
random invisible change in syntax (applying only to a single form of
many possible variants) is.

Web page still at http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/