Re: Vanishing files ?

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> To fix this properly we need to be able to display two properly formatted
> strings in an error message: it's many, many years past the point where
> error messages should have used variable-length argument lists.  This would
> be a nice, self-contained project for someone; we can probably assume
> stdarg is available now (since we seem to assume a lot of ISO C elsewhere).

OK, guess what...  This was not the most interesting hour and a half of
my life.  I won't bore you with the patch, instead check it straight in;
see changes in utils.c for the important bit.  It's possible I've
mistyped something, so please create as many errors as possible to
check...

If anyone wants to supplement this with varargs support, be my guest.
gcc 4 doesn't even support it any more, but it would extend the backward
compatibility back a bit further.