Re: completion bug in UTF-8 locale

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:18:33 +0300
Roman Cheplyaka <roman.cheplyaka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the following issue in UTF-8 locale:
> zsh completion works ok in current folder, no matter which files are
> here.
> But suppose I have some directory named 'тест' (cyrillic letters).
> Then
> % ls те<Tab>
> completes it to 'тест', but
> % ls тест/<Tab>
> doesn't show anything, even if there are no cyrillic-named items in that
> directory.

I can't get this, even with zsh -f; it seems to work fine both with my
own completion set up and the plain old-fashioned defaul.  I'm using the
locale en_GB.UTF-8, but I tried it with ru_RU.UTF-8 as well.  What
actually are the contents of the directory (ls -a)?  What locale are you
using?  What version of the shell?  (UTF-8 support is new in 3.2, so if
it's older it won't work well.)