Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completion bug in UTF-8 locale
- X-seq: zsh-workers 22647
- From: Roman Cheplyaka <roman.cheplyaka@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: completion bug in UTF-8 locale
- Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:08:08 +0300
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:date:from:to:cc:subject:message-id:references:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:user-agent; b=C4MJuqISIllcV4Vf5ryZBW+rE1X5snc2+SsW/1+H2E+LfPs/i94Di6iH9fn1EtvFhY6+/cf92TZTf5ePknRsZVpewaOR5i7X+8ywFdpRj+jbK6fbID3aiymhJh4K4ZzH50ComEt6VzGzeQcS+QqGIv6LLnbGwtPLnvRNyA0Ta/0=
- In-reply-to: <20060820180151.6b23348c.p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20060820071833.GA3850@localdomain> <20060820180151.6b23348c.p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 06:01:51PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:18:33 +0300
> Roman Cheplyaka <roman.cheplyaka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have the following issue in UTF-8 locale:
> > zsh completion works ok in current folder, no matter which files are
> > here.
> > But suppose I have some directory named 'тест' (cyrillic letters).
> > Then
> > % ls те<Tab>
> > completes it to 'тест', but
> > % ls тест/<Tab>
> > doesn't show anything, even if there are no cyrillic-named items in that
> > directory.
> I can't get this, even with zsh -f; it seems to work fine both with my
> own completion set up and the plain old-fashioned defaul.
I've made some more tests. It seems to break at certain letters.. Try for
example directory named "ц" (w/o quotes).
> I'm using the
> locale en_GB.UTF-8, but I tried it with ru_RU.UTF-8 as well. What
> actually are the contents of the directory (ls -a)?
It's irrelevant, I think. Ok, here it is:
% ls -a ц
./ ../ aaaa
> What locale are you
> What version of the shell? (UTF-8 support is new in 3.2, so if
> it's older it won't work well.)
% zsh --version
zsh 4.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
% dpkg-query -W zsh
Roman I. Cheplyaka
Messages sorted by: