Re: _complete_help broken

On Oct 3,  6:33pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Someone, almost certainly me (or possibly I), broke _complete_help (^xh)
} so that it adds an extra newline.  This happens with zsh -f and compinit
} from scratch.  This is probably additional fallout from the change I put
} in in 22676/22678 to make trashzle() not retrash if it never got
} untrashed up (c.f. 22727).  It suggests that there's another point which
} isn't fixing the cursor position after outputting to the terminal.

I'm not sure that's precisely it.  Try ESC 2 ^x h to get the long list
of all the styles, and notice how many extra blank lines are needlessly
inserted at the top of the listing.

The most unusual thing that _complete_help does is "compadd -UX".  I don't
find any other instances of U and X together in compadd options in a quick
grep of all completion functions.