Re: Questions about multibyte input with zsh

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:08:00 -0800
> On Nov 4,  7:17pm, Jordan Breeding wrote:
> }
> } zsh 4.3.x: multibyte support is much improved in general, but I can't
> } seem to get the OS X native input method to work, I can only use
> } insert-composed-character
>
> My guess would be that the native-input characters are not bound to
> anything in ZLE when multibyte is enabled, and zsh is seeing them as
> mutli-character sequences rather than as a single multibyte character.
>
> Try adding a few "bindkey -s" commands to bind some of the native-input
> byte sequences to insert-composed-character keystroke-sequences.

This seems like a good guess... if you don't know what to do, try typing
"read<Return>" then hitting one of the sequences you want zsh to handle.
These should show up interpreted by the terminal (things like "^[[15~"
etc. etc.)  These are the strings zsh will get.  If you post these
together with the Unicode characters the sequences represent we might be
able to work out what's going on.

It may even be documented somewhere...