Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64
- X-seq: zsh-workers 23420
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:30:39 +0100
- In-reply-to: <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101334180.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101117330.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200705100955.l4A9tTmQ001343@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101305200.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101310130.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20070510113032.3d50cd67.pws@xxxxxxx> <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101334180.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apparently multibyte is _not_ on, and running 'setopt multibyte'
> doesn't do anything. Configure does say that multibyte support is
That's a bit bizarre since it should be on by default. I don't
understand this, unless it's somehow related to the following.
However, I think I've got somewhere with reproducing your original
problem by using your locales:
This also fails to handle multibyte characters properly.
(However, in my case the multibyte option is still set.)
If I remove the LANG=C from that set, it starts working. This
is obviously a bug. Are you able to try it with LANG completely
unset (but setting the mulitbyte option by hand if necessary)?
> thanks for helping out,
Multibyte characters are the one area I really want to get working for the
next stable release.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.php
To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview
Messages sorted by: