Re: Fix a typo in _git.

2008/8/19 Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:09:38AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> Oooh, that was tricky :).
>
> Re: my_abbrev: the man page seems to indicate that --abbrev and
> --no-abbrev are invalid without -v. Is that incorrect?

Hmm yes, but what if you want to type --no-abbrev -v in that order?

> Similar question for the git clone --local/--shared thing.

The man page and the command are both happy with -l -s. With recent git
versions, the -l option is always a no-op anyway... But in all honesty,
I think I just hadn't figured out what the (I) construction did then :).
It is still mystifying to me why _git-branch cares where on the command-line
the -v appears.

And also, it only checked if -v was present to complete --abbrev, but not
the other way around. Besides, isn't this what the (-v)--abbrev syntax
is for? (Though that has always confused me, reading in the manpage at least
suggests that's what it does, *fiddles with that a bit*.)

--
Mikael Magnusson