Re: Echoing of 8-bit-characters broken after 4.3.2?

On Feb 28, 10:07pm, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
}
} Hmm ... quoting original mail:
}
} >This is on freebsd 6.4.
} >Unicode ist not used, and I currently do not intend to use it.

Oops, sorry about that.  Don't know how I missed it.

} Wolfgang, what happens if you explicitly disable multibyte support (--
} disable-multibyte) during build?

BTW I tried "unsetopt multibyte" when fiddling with this on my Mac, and
"unknown" characters were still displayed as <00c3>.  (Which is better
than in 4.3.4, where they are both displayed and processed as %C3.)