Re: Issue with history

On Mar 8,  5:41pm, François wrote:
}
} I couldn't retrieve all the entries from my history file.
}
} $ history  # would only produce something like 30 entries

The doc:

history
     Same as fc -l.

fc -l [ -nrdfEiD ] [ -t TIMEFMT ] [ -m MATCH ] [ OLD=NEW ... ] [ FIRST [ LAST ] ]
     If FIRST is not specified, it will be set to -1 (the most recent
     event), or to -16 if the -l flag is given.  If LAST is not
     specified, it will be set to FIRST, or to -1 if the -l flag is
     given.

So by default "history" lists only 16 lines of commands.  If you get more
than 16, you must already have an alias or function named "history" that
is passing some other values.  Given that you have an alias/function, it
isn't possible to determine what "history 1" means for you.

--
Barton E. Schaefer