Re: modify functions hierarchy (was: Install run-help and *.zwc files system wide in build system)

On Nov 18, 10:32am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:50:32 -0800
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > } We could have a parallel hierarchy Functions_pre for generated functions.
} >
} > Do we really expect there to be very many of these?  We've gone twenty
} > years without having a single one of them until now.  Is an entire
} > parallel hierarchy necessary?  Completion_pre as well?
}
} Well, if you don't want it in the normal Functions area, and it needs to
} appear in the build tree for later installation, we're running out of
} other possibilities.

At the risk of re-opening this can of worms:

Another possibility is to handle it the way Doc/Makefile.in "install.info"
does -- I don't see how that situation is different from this one.

NOT patching these at install time means that you can't "make install"
with a different DESTDIR= than was in place at "make all" time.  *That*
seems wrong to me.

However, I was thinking Config/run-help.in and Config/_run-help.in or the
like when I grumbled about the parallel hierarchy.