Re: Unicode, Korean, normalization form, Mac OS X and tab completion

On Jun 2, 2014 10:16 AM, "Jun T." <takimoto-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it possible for iconv() to return >=0 while orig_name_len != 0 ?
> man iconv(3) mentions four possible cases,
> three of them are error (return value is -1),
> and the remaining one is (returnvalue>=0 and orig_name_len==0).

I'm not sure how it maps onto the described return cases, but I encountered
a case in testing where iconv returned zero and orig_name_len was
unchanged, i.e., nothing was copied to conv_name_ptr.  Without the extra
test this results in empty string as the output filename.