Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Live Clock Causes Directory Flashing In URxvt & XTerm
- X-seq: zsh-workers 32757
- From: S M <themolesbox@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Live Clock Causes Directory Flashing In URxvt & XTerm
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 02:50:06 -1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Ec6XQS206EakX/JBqX3rVKetKqP4Ngk6TkU7cYMjQ2c=; b=Zr6Co16fjaHgXEW4zidVHKjqnEWVaJ4+Uu1VpKrGfW+/7S+ThuRk4DAPbEsA4z68bF oK2zBB8aGm7x8G7uI0KBeCkfd/e4hJHRgBBTK469pP1++z6xB2z57UcVHgyoENSVakri TLdrswXC4vacaFXAIKSYTuq//04V3LMTOfZ8PHzuzP111nujcazkSDmzl8NYa7T8h7XV 2ZNNJeC5YNc1OSgV33/SSEG3Y0CsJk0vkJeK8bEVe1Sbmx3lB/bI+9LTNw7qazJRvTmu m5ZbwyKCDi6tbt5baKSeEVZ5bihsGEu9E2p7kFfZVP8sjrwCzaL1gupx/cUOBwlWJLKv S0Ig==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Hello zsh Team,
These are my specs;
Slackware 14.1 x86_64
Nvidia GTX660M - nvidia drivers 331.67
I'm using this option to have a live clock in my ~/.zshrc
In URxvt it constantly flashes, in xterm it flashes on and off more randomly, and I also noticed in xterm the entire directory appears to get brighter as well as flashing.
So as example, 'cd /etc/' then tap tab to see the directory, try this in a directory with a small amount of directories, or open the term full screen to see a huge directory, but play with it, and at that point the terminal starts flashing.
I have not been able to find a fix for this, the only temporary solution is to increase the time, as an example below;
Then it's not so noticeable, around every 10 seconds you see a flash, but this is also not good because when the time changes, the terminal will not change till 10 seconds later, there's a lag doing this.
I hope the zsh team can fix this problem, and if you need my help please contact me.
If you look carefully you will see the directory flashing every second.
Thank you much for your time and help in this matter.
Description: Binary data
Messages sorted by: